Monday 9 September 2013

Those mistakes on my face

I promised I would post about the horrid things I've done to my face in the pursuit of pretty, so here's the first but not worst...

The Ugly Truth, after the jump!


The fuzzy-browed wonder!
Yep. Two juicy black caterpillars where my brows should be. And I went out of the house like this. It's a wonder I wasn't instantly attacked by crows looking for their dinner.

I look like I'm wondering how it could have gone so wrong.
And another. It's not like I have shortage of horrible eyebrow pictures to share.

These pictures are months and months old and I'd like to pretend that I never do that to my eyebrows any more, but I'm trying this thing called honesty. I still have eyebrow troubles, even if they don't reach the dazzling heights of hairiness shown here.

Clearly, though, the eyebrows aren't the only problem in these photos. In the first one, I seem to have no colour in my face except in the parts where I've pasted it on. And those pasted on areas are so bright that the rest of my skin seems cadaverous. While "corpse" is my actual skin colour, I wasn't doing myself any favours by making my eyebrows, eyes, and lips all so bright without adding any colour to the rest of my face. I'm pretty sure that photo was from the era when I only owned one blush, Mac's Warm Soul, and I only used it for Extremely Special Occasions. Like a funeral. Which is kind of ironic seeing as the only time I didn't look corpse like was when I happened to be viewing one.

In the second photo, which was about a month after the first, I have at least sorted the pallor out. Nothing's gonna help those eyebrows, though. Even though they are better defined and less bushy looking, they are too fat and the wrong colour. The other problem is that my lipstick clashes with my eye shadow colour. I suck again!

I have improved immensely in the months since these photos were taken, but those damn eyebrows still fox me from time to time. I think part of the current issue is not having the right tools. I just bought myself an eyebrow kit the other day after months of trying all the browns in my kit without luck, and while it did improve how I did my brows for a week, I realised the brow powders were still all too red-based for me. I've ordered a new one. Hopefully, when it gets here I'll be able to leave my woolly mammoth impersonations behind.

So, help me out here. What is your brow routine like and what are your must have eyebrow products?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

review (15) lipstick (12) look (11) mostly positive (10) pictures (10) sugarpill (10) swatch fest (9) eyes (8) swatchfest (8) eye shadow (7) eyeshadow (7) indie cosmetics (7) occ (7) purple (7) sleek (7) swatch (7) palette (6) green (5) swatches (5) cold chemistry (4) fotd (4) liquid lipstick (4) makeup (4) win (4) 30 days of (3) addictive cosmetics (3) blue (3) blush (3) colourpop (3) derelict (3) eotd (3) femme fatale (3) lip tar (3) meh (3) mineral makeup (3) neutrals (3) tutorial (3) youtube (3) 42 (2) Bourjois (2) Urban Decay (2) Vampire (2) ancient (2) beautybarbaby (2) bright pink (2) broccoli heaven (2) brow game strong (2) loose shadows (2) mNg No.2 (2) makeup gone wrong (2) matte (2) melt (2) milani (2) my beauty addiction (2) my pretty zombie (2) mystic matte (2) neon grape (2) notoriously morbid (2) nyx (2) obsessive compulsive cosmetics (2) old bruise (2) papaya milk (2) pink (2) purple blush (2) rime (2) scurvy (2) sorceress (2) trepanation (2) violet volt (2) yaby (2) 2016 (1) Dragon Scale (1) Edward Scissorhands (1) Face fail (1) Fairy Dust (1) Glam Shine (1) High Tea (1) Intoxicated (1) Love Like Air (1) RTW (1) Soap and Glory (1) acid palette (1) aubergine (1) baby duckie (1) balm (1) batty (1) beautyuk (1) berry (1) black (1) blood (1) blow (1) bossy (1) brills (1) caution (1) challenge (1) challenge pictures (1) character series (1) clinique (1) collection gothic glam (1) comparison (1) consumptive (1) contour (1) corset (1) cream (1) creme couture (1) dawn eyes (1) dita (1) dragon fruit (1) dragonfruit (1) dreamworld hermetica (1) drugstore vs highend (1) duochrome (1) dupe (1) emerald (1) eyebrows of fury (1) face of the day (1) feminist (1) fern (1) flamepoint (1) flawless (1) fortune teller (1) frankie stein (1) glamour doll eyes (1) glitter (1) good face day (1) grind (1) halloween (1) hellboy (1) highlighted (1) holiday (1) individual eyes (1) indrid (1) jaded (1) kat von d (1) kate by rimmel (1) killing joke (1) l'oreal (1) la splash (1) leather (1) limited edition (1) loose pigment (1) loreal (1) love (1) lovecraft (1) lumikki cosmetics (1) lunatick labs (1) mba cosmetics (1) mermaid (1) metallic (1) mineral matte mousse (1) miracles (1) moisturiser (1) moisturize (1) monster high (1) mua (1) nyc (1) ombre (1) orange (1) pagan (1) past (1) pleasure model (1) poison apple (1) portland black lipstick company (1) psychedelic caterpillar (1) pumpkin (1) pumpkin carving (1) purple iris (1) purpleness (1) red (1) redness (1) reliq minerals (1) revlon (1) rimmel (1) ritual (1) rose gold (1) rune (1) seaweed (1) sebastian (1) shameless (1) shiro (1) sickly (1) sigma (1) silver (1) skin care (1) sparkle (1) spring (1) spring garden (1) stain (1) sugar babies (1) sultry (1) taupe (1) teal (1) thutmose III (1) too faced (1) tootsi (1) tootsie (1) update (1) velocity (1) video (1) wasabi (1) wet (1) white (1) wifey (1) winged liner (1) wonderchilde (1)