Monday 2 September 2013

Look: Silver and Cold

I have a deep and abiding love of Sugarpill eye shadow. Since I started getting  into makeup about five months ago, the majority of my looks have been done with Sugarpill shades. This look is no exception.
For my eyes, I first smoothed on Urban Decay Primer Potion.  I used Sugarpill Velocity as the main lid colour.  I brushed Starling into the inner corner to about centre. Bulletproof went into the outer v and I blended it into the crease to add depth.  I used Tako to blend out the colours above the crease. For the centre lid, I dabbed on Tiara and blended it up and out along the top of the crease. I also dabbed a bit into the inner corner as a highlight.  For the brown bone, I used Bourjois 08. The winged liner is Soap and Glory SuperCat eyeliner pen in Carbon Black.  The water line is Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On liner in Perversion, which I set with Sugarpill Bulletproof.  I carried a bit of the Starling down along the lower lid.



My foundation is Bourjois Mineral Matte Mouse in Tendre Ivoire. I purchased this just a week ago and I am loving it. A review of it will be up soon. My blush is BeautyUk Capitol Pink.  The lipstick is Calvin Klein Desire with some Bourjois dark brown brushed over top to deepen the colour. I set my whole face with translucent powder, which I think is by Constance Carol, and then misted MakeUpAcademy setting spray all over. 


The Good.

I was really happy with how my eyes turned out for this one. I think I managed to blend everything really well without making it muddy or accidentally getting blue all the way up to my eyebrows. I also managed a pretty decent wing for once and my eyes didn't water all over the place and ruin it. My foundation is even and my face is mostly one colour. I didn't accidentally give myself blush sunburn. 

The Bad.

At the time, I thought the lipstick went well with the eyes. Now I'm not so sure. I think it might be the wrong tone? 

The obvious problem is my eyebrows. I think the shape is fine, if a bit on the severe side, but I like severe as my eyebrows naturally grow in with a pretty wicked arch. However, these eyebrows are going into Bert and Ernie territory. They don't look as bad in the photos as they did in real life, if you can imagine how awful they must have been.  Away from the washing out effect of the flash, they were really, really black. REALLY black, like the Monolith from 2001 black. So clearly, I need to work on that. They grow in fairly black and I'm following my natural brow line here, but? Horrible things. I think it's the combination of making them so uniform, so black, and a smidge bigger than they actually are that pushes them into HOLY BALLS SHE HAS TWO CATERPILLARS ON HER FACE territory. 

As always, suggestions and constructive criticism are welcome!

*Disclaimer: All of the products used in this post were purchased with my own money. I was not compensated in anyway for this post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

review (15) lipstick (12) look (11) mostly positive (10) pictures (10) sugarpill (10) swatch fest (9) eyes (8) swatchfest (8) eye shadow (7) eyeshadow (7) indie cosmetics (7) occ (7) purple (7) sleek (7) swatch (7) palette (6) green (5) swatches (5) cold chemistry (4) fotd (4) liquid lipstick (4) makeup (4) win (4) 30 days of (3) addictive cosmetics (3) blue (3) blush (3) colourpop (3) derelict (3) eotd (3) femme fatale (3) lip tar (3) meh (3) mineral makeup (3) neutrals (3) tutorial (3) youtube (3) 42 (2) Bourjois (2) Urban Decay (2) Vampire (2) ancient (2) beautybarbaby (2) bright pink (2) broccoli heaven (2) brow game strong (2) loose shadows (2) mNg No.2 (2) makeup gone wrong (2) matte (2) melt (2) milani (2) my beauty addiction (2) my pretty zombie (2) mystic matte (2) neon grape (2) notoriously morbid (2) nyx (2) obsessive compulsive cosmetics (2) old bruise (2) papaya milk (2) pink (2) purple blush (2) rime (2) scurvy (2) sorceress (2) trepanation (2) violet volt (2) yaby (2) 2016 (1) Dragon Scale (1) Edward Scissorhands (1) Face fail (1) Fairy Dust (1) Glam Shine (1) High Tea (1) Intoxicated (1) Love Like Air (1) RTW (1) Soap and Glory (1) acid palette (1) aubergine (1) baby duckie (1) balm (1) batty (1) beautyuk (1) berry (1) black (1) blood (1) blow (1) bossy (1) brills (1) caution (1) challenge (1) challenge pictures (1) character series (1) clinique (1) collection gothic glam (1) comparison (1) consumptive (1) contour (1) corset (1) cream (1) creme couture (1) dawn eyes (1) dita (1) dragon fruit (1) dragonfruit (1) dreamworld hermetica (1) drugstore vs highend (1) duochrome (1) dupe (1) emerald (1) eyebrows of fury (1) face of the day (1) feminist (1) fern (1) flamepoint (1) flawless (1) fortune teller (1) frankie stein (1) glamour doll eyes (1) glitter (1) good face day (1) grind (1) halloween (1) hellboy (1) highlighted (1) holiday (1) individual eyes (1) indrid (1) jaded (1) kat von d (1) kate by rimmel (1) killing joke (1) l'oreal (1) la splash (1) leather (1) limited edition (1) loose pigment (1) loreal (1) love (1) lovecraft (1) lumikki cosmetics (1) lunatick labs (1) mba cosmetics (1) mermaid (1) metallic (1) mineral matte mousse (1) miracles (1) moisturiser (1) moisturize (1) monster high (1) mua (1) nyc (1) ombre (1) orange (1) pagan (1) past (1) pleasure model (1) poison apple (1) portland black lipstick company (1) psychedelic caterpillar (1) pumpkin (1) pumpkin carving (1) purple iris (1) purpleness (1) red (1) redness (1) reliq minerals (1) revlon (1) rimmel (1) ritual (1) rose gold (1) rune (1) seaweed (1) sebastian (1) shameless (1) shiro (1) sickly (1) sigma (1) silver (1) skin care (1) sparkle (1) spring (1) spring garden (1) stain (1) sugar babies (1) sultry (1) taupe (1) teal (1) thutmose III (1) too faced (1) tootsi (1) tootsie (1) update (1) velocity (1) video (1) wasabi (1) wet (1) white (1) wifey (1) winged liner (1) wonderchilde (1)