Friday 12 August 2016

All the Green Lipsticks!

Elsewhere on the internet, someone was looking for swatches of green lipsticks and I sort of put so much effort into this it seemed like it should be its own post. So!

OCC Wasabi, OCC Rime, Fyrinnae Narwhal Nuzzles, MBA Cosmetics Emerald, Melt Blow, OCC Derelict
under flash.

OCC Wasabi, OCC Rime, Fyrinnae Narwhal Nuzzles, MBA Cosmetics Emerald, Melt Blow, OCC Derelict
Daylight

Of these, MBA Cosmetics Emerald is probably the most true green. Also, this is the Sugar Babies formula of their Emerald, which is more of a super pigmented gloss than a lippy, but from what I can tell, the Emerald Color Rich Lipstick they offer is exactly the same shade.


A photo posted by Niamh (@bluehairedbeastie) on



Melt Blow is pretty close in tone to Emerald, but Blow has a much deeper shade. It's more of a jungle green than Emerald. Blow is super pigmented and goes on true to the colour in the tube in one swipe, but I do find the formula a bit drying. I don't actually have a picture of me wearing Blow just on it's own.  This photo has Sugarpill Goldilux patted over it.

Melt Blow with Sugarpill Goldilux patted over top. 


OCC Rime is a green with a lot of blue undertones. I guess I would call it sea-foam green. This has also has a rose gold mica or something in it that gives it a really nice, subtle shift. I think this is probably the one out of the bunch that I wear most frequently.

OCC Rime 


Fyrinnae Narwhal Nuzzles is probably the least green that's still mainly green. It's more of a turquoise. It's a really lovely colour, but I find the formula difficult because it's so slippery that it's hard to get it to go on the lips without looking sort of patchy in places. For this reason, I always wear this over a liner, usually black or blue.


A photo posted by Niamh (@bluehairedbeastie) on

OCC Derelict is definitely green, but it's a khaki or olive green. It has a golden sheen to it but a very grey undertone. I do wear this one a lot more often than I thought I would. Despite being green, it's very wearable possibly because of it's the sort of colour that I think of as a nude/neutral. And also, I have very green undertones so I don't think it looks out of place on my face.

OCC Derelict Lip Tar


OCC Wasabi is the brightest here. It's a spring/yellow green. I don't really think the camera picked up quite how eye searingly bright this colour is, but it is so bright. If I want to completely remove the red from my lips, this is the colour I go for. I mainly use this to do ombre lips and I think it works really well for that.

OCC Wasabi Lip Tar
Excuse the no makeup face, please!


Makes your teeth look super white!
OCC Wasabi Liptar with Fyrinnae Wraith

OCC Wasabi Liptar with Kat von D Naye0n


I hope this is helpful. I know I enjoy seeing other people's colour comparison posts as it helps me figure out if I already have a similar colour. What's your favourite green lipstick?

2 comments:

  1. I'm a way old ol' school punk/goth and I just wanted to let you know that I love your look. Your photos take me back to drunken nights spent listening to Bauhaus, Alien Sex Fiend & Christian Death (back when all three were new bands). Anyway, you look fantastic and you're doing a wonderful job of keeping the spirit alive.

    ReplyDelete

Labels

review (15) lipstick (12) look (11) mostly positive (10) pictures (10) sugarpill (10) swatch fest (9) eyes (8) swatchfest (8) eye shadow (7) eyeshadow (7) indie cosmetics (7) occ (7) purple (7) sleek (7) swatch (7) palette (6) green (5) swatches (5) cold chemistry (4) fotd (4) liquid lipstick (4) makeup (4) win (4) 30 days of (3) addictive cosmetics (3) blue (3) blush (3) colourpop (3) derelict (3) eotd (3) femme fatale (3) lip tar (3) meh (3) mineral makeup (3) neutrals (3) tutorial (3) youtube (3) 42 (2) Bourjois (2) Urban Decay (2) Vampire (2) ancient (2) beautybarbaby (2) bright pink (2) broccoli heaven (2) brow game strong (2) loose shadows (2) mNg No.2 (2) makeup gone wrong (2) matte (2) melt (2) milani (2) my beauty addiction (2) my pretty zombie (2) mystic matte (2) neon grape (2) notoriously morbid (2) nyx (2) obsessive compulsive cosmetics (2) old bruise (2) papaya milk (2) pink (2) purple blush (2) rime (2) scurvy (2) sorceress (2) trepanation (2) violet volt (2) yaby (2) 2016 (1) Dragon Scale (1) Edward Scissorhands (1) Face fail (1) Fairy Dust (1) Glam Shine (1) High Tea (1) Intoxicated (1) Love Like Air (1) RTW (1) Soap and Glory (1) acid palette (1) aubergine (1) baby duckie (1) balm (1) batty (1) beautyuk (1) berry (1) black (1) blood (1) blow (1) bossy (1) brills (1) caution (1) challenge (1) challenge pictures (1) character series (1) clinique (1) collection gothic glam (1) comparison (1) consumptive (1) contour (1) corset (1) cream (1) creme couture (1) dawn eyes (1) dita (1) dragon fruit (1) dragonfruit (1) dreamworld hermetica (1) drugstore vs highend (1) duochrome (1) dupe (1) emerald (1) eyebrows of fury (1) face of the day (1) feminist (1) fern (1) flamepoint (1) flawless (1) fortune teller (1) frankie stein (1) glamour doll eyes (1) glitter (1) good face day (1) grind (1) halloween (1) hellboy (1) highlighted (1) holiday (1) individual eyes (1) indrid (1) jaded (1) kat von d (1) kate by rimmel (1) killing joke (1) l'oreal (1) la splash (1) leather (1) limited edition (1) loose pigment (1) loreal (1) love (1) lovecraft (1) lumikki cosmetics (1) lunatick labs (1) mba cosmetics (1) mermaid (1) metallic (1) mineral matte mousse (1) miracles (1) moisturiser (1) moisturize (1) monster high (1) mua (1) nyc (1) ombre (1) orange (1) pagan (1) past (1) pleasure model (1) poison apple (1) portland black lipstick company (1) psychedelic caterpillar (1) pumpkin (1) pumpkin carving (1) purple iris (1) purpleness (1) red (1) redness (1) reliq minerals (1) revlon (1) rimmel (1) ritual (1) rose gold (1) rune (1) seaweed (1) sebastian (1) shameless (1) shiro (1) sickly (1) sigma (1) silver (1) skin care (1) sparkle (1) spring (1) spring garden (1) stain (1) sugar babies (1) sultry (1) taupe (1) teal (1) thutmose III (1) too faced (1) tootsi (1) tootsie (1) update (1) velocity (1) video (1) wasabi (1) wet (1) white (1) wifey (1) winged liner (1) wonderchilde (1)