Tuesday 2 August 2016

My Pretty Zombie Swatchfest and Mini Review, Part 2

Welcome back to part two of my Pretty Zombie Swatch and Review.


The second group:
My Pretty Zombie Brisket, Anthrax, Everything Looks Better on a Meat Hook, Blue Fungus on Corpses
Flash



My Pretty Zombie Brisket, Anthrax, Everything Looks Better on a Meat Hook, Blue Fungus on Corpses
Daylight Bulbs
Also, just to refresh, these are all swatched over Urban Decay Primer Potion. The swatch on the left is the finger swatch. The swatch on the right is the brush swatch.

I didn't plan it this way, but this group is all duochromes. And as we all know, duochromes are life. Duochromes are love.

Brisket

I actually bought this one because Tori Biohazard wore it on her channel and it looked amazing.

My Pretty Zombie Brisket, Daylight Bulbs

My Pretty Zombie Brisket, Flash

My Pretty Zombie Brisket, flash

It's a good thing I saw it on her channel, because the swatches on the site aren't great, especially for the duochromes. I understand why, as I probably took at least a dozen different photos of each swatch, trying to make it show how magical this is. But seriously! Look at it!  This is a pinky-red with a warm gold shift. It really does look like the sheen on a side of brisket and it's amazing. The formula is smooth and goes on very nicely. I just want to dip my entire body into the shade and run around screaming, "LOOK AT ME. I'M FABULOUS!"


Anthrax

I know I said I was trying to force myself to purchase colours that I wasn't really drawn to, but I couldn't resist at least one purple. 

My Pretty Zombie Anthrax, daylight bulbs

My Pretty Zombie Anthrax, flash
My Pretty Zombie Brisket and Anthrax, Flash

This is an enormously lovely deep aubergine with a green shift. It's like the lovechild of Poison Plum and Lumi. No problems with formula here, either. It's just bloody lovely.


Everything Looks Better On a Meat Hook

So, in hard to photograph shades, this one gave me the business. None of these photos show the true amazingness of Everything Looks Better On a Meat Hook.

 My Pretty Zombie Everything Looks Better On a Meat Hook, daylight bulbs
My Pretty Zombie Everything Looks Better On a Meat Hook, Blue Fungus On Corpses flash

My Pretty Zombie Everything Looks Better On a Meat Hook, flash


This is a warm purple-y chocolate brown with a green shift. In the package, it looks like flesh mottled with dried blood. It has a satin finish. I've worn this as an all over lid colour and loved it. It reminds me a little of Mac's Club, but about 5x times more awesome.


Blue Fungus On Corpses


Finally, we have this deep navy/black with a green shift. 

My Pretty Zombie Blue Fungus on Corpses, flash

My Pretty Zombie Blue Fungus on Corpses, daylight bulbs
If you pat this one on, you can get a lovely dark green, or you can blend it out into a nice smokey black. I think this is very similar to Sugarpill's Junebug, but less sparkly. It has a satin finish under normal light. I haven't used this in a look yet, but it swatches nicely with a brush or finger.

I was curious to see how these would look foiled so I swatched a few of these wet with Fix Plus.

My Pretty Zombie Trepanation, Brisket, and 42 foiled, flash

My Pretty Zombie Trepanation, Brisket, and 42 foiled, daylight bulbs

My Pretty Zombie Trepanation, Brisket, and 42 foiled swatches, flash


I only did three, but Trepanation and 42 look amazing foiled. Brisket really doesn't change much, maybe slightly more gold comes out? But it's really hard to see any difference, as you can see in the top two photos where it's foiled right next to the finger swatch. Trepanation looks straight up magical foiled.

Conclusion


Overall, I'm very pleased with these. There isn't a dud in the bunch and the owner is very nice and exceedingly accommodating. I will definitely be making future purchases and hopeful try out the rest of their line. To wrap this up, here are a few looks I've done using some of these, just so you can see how they work on a face. 


This one is Scurvy and Old Bruise:

My Pretty Zombie Scurvy and Old Bruise

My Pretty Zombie Scurvy and Old Bruise

And this is (from inner corner outward) 42, Trepanation, and Everything Looks Better On a Meat Hook.

My Pretty Zombie 42, Trepanation, and Everything Looks Better On a Meat Hook.

My Pretty Zombie 42, Trepanation, and Everything Looks Better On a Meat Hook

I hope this was helpful! Thanks for reading. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

review (15) lipstick (12) look (11) mostly positive (10) pictures (10) sugarpill (10) swatch fest (9) eyes (8) swatchfest (8) eye shadow (7) eyeshadow (7) indie cosmetics (7) occ (7) purple (7) sleek (7) swatch (7) palette (6) green (5) swatches (5) cold chemistry (4) fotd (4) liquid lipstick (4) makeup (4) win (4) 30 days of (3) addictive cosmetics (3) blue (3) blush (3) colourpop (3) derelict (3) eotd (3) femme fatale (3) lip tar (3) meh (3) mineral makeup (3) neutrals (3) tutorial (3) youtube (3) 42 (2) Bourjois (2) Urban Decay (2) Vampire (2) ancient (2) beautybarbaby (2) bright pink (2) broccoli heaven (2) brow game strong (2) loose shadows (2) mNg No.2 (2) makeup gone wrong (2) matte (2) melt (2) milani (2) my beauty addiction (2) my pretty zombie (2) mystic matte (2) neon grape (2) notoriously morbid (2) nyx (2) obsessive compulsive cosmetics (2) old bruise (2) papaya milk (2) pink (2) purple blush (2) rime (2) scurvy (2) sorceress (2) trepanation (2) violet volt (2) yaby (2) 2016 (1) Dragon Scale (1) Edward Scissorhands (1) Face fail (1) Fairy Dust (1) Glam Shine (1) High Tea (1) Intoxicated (1) Love Like Air (1) RTW (1) Soap and Glory (1) acid palette (1) aubergine (1) baby duckie (1) balm (1) batty (1) beautyuk (1) berry (1) black (1) blood (1) blow (1) bossy (1) brills (1) caution (1) challenge (1) challenge pictures (1) character series (1) clinique (1) collection gothic glam (1) comparison (1) consumptive (1) contour (1) corset (1) cream (1) creme couture (1) dawn eyes (1) dita (1) dragon fruit (1) dragonfruit (1) dreamworld hermetica (1) drugstore vs highend (1) duochrome (1) dupe (1) emerald (1) eyebrows of fury (1) face of the day (1) feminist (1) fern (1) flamepoint (1) flawless (1) fortune teller (1) frankie stein (1) glamour doll eyes (1) glitter (1) good face day (1) grind (1) halloween (1) hellboy (1) highlighted (1) holiday (1) individual eyes (1) indrid (1) jaded (1) kat von d (1) kate by rimmel (1) killing joke (1) l'oreal (1) la splash (1) leather (1) limited edition (1) loose pigment (1) loreal (1) love (1) lovecraft (1) lumikki cosmetics (1) lunatick labs (1) mba cosmetics (1) mermaid (1) metallic (1) mineral matte mousse (1) miracles (1) moisturiser (1) moisturize (1) monster high (1) mua (1) nyc (1) ombre (1) orange (1) pagan (1) past (1) pleasure model (1) poison apple (1) portland black lipstick company (1) psychedelic caterpillar (1) pumpkin (1) pumpkin carving (1) purple iris (1) purpleness (1) red (1) redness (1) reliq minerals (1) revlon (1) rimmel (1) ritual (1) rose gold (1) rune (1) seaweed (1) sebastian (1) shameless (1) shiro (1) sickly (1) sigma (1) silver (1) skin care (1) sparkle (1) spring (1) spring garden (1) stain (1) sugar babies (1) sultry (1) taupe (1) teal (1) thutmose III (1) too faced (1) tootsi (1) tootsie (1) update (1) velocity (1) video (1) wasabi (1) wet (1) white (1) wifey (1) winged liner (1) wonderchilde (1)