Thursday 17 September 2015

Femme Fatale Cosmetics Swatch Fest and Look

I'm still chugging along with the 30 Day Lipstick Challenge over on Instagram (add me!) and I will have a massive post with all the lippies I've used when that wraps up, but for today, I thought I'd offer you a look I did using Femme Fatale eyeshadows. If you'd like to find out what shades I used for this look and see a tonne of swatches of each colour, please follow me through the jump!



Unsurprisingly with the turn of the weather, I've really been feeling the autumnal sort of shades. I decided that since I don't use them nearly often enough, I would do myself a nice deep and smoky autumn-themed eye using all Femme Fatale shadows. If you haven't tried them before, Femme Fatale are an Australian indie brand that do absolutely amazing duochromes (and no, this post is not sponsored. I bought all the products with my own money at full price :)) and some fairly stunning blushes. Unfortunately, the pictures don't really show the duochrome effect that well, but this look was done using 4 colours for the lid and then one colour as a brow highlight.



You can kind of see the duochrome effect in the above, but it really shows best when moving in real life.

I used Emerald Glow as a brow highlight. This shade is a bright white in the container but has a lovely green shift once it's on.  All of the swatches below are done on bare skin only.

Femme Fatale Emerald Glow swatches


The blending out shade is Amber Eyes, This shade looks like an medium-ish apricot in the container but on the skin it's fairly pale with a green shift. It does have some green and gold sparkles, but they are more like shimmer than chunks.

Femme Fatale Amber Eyes swatches


 I used Crimson Fury in the outer 2/3rds of the lid and blown out on the lower lid. Crimson Fury is a deep pink in the container. On the skin it has a bruisy blue shift. This shade is more of a satin, but it has blue, purple, and green sparks with a subtle opalescence. On the skin and blended out, the blended out bits are sort of a burnt orange colour. To keep it just deep pink, I recommend patting it on over a sticky base. 

Femme Fatale Crimson Fury swatches


To add some depth and darken the crease, I used Desecration. This is a very inky purple colour that looks almost black until you either hit it with a bright light, or blend the edges out. Then it's a lovely eggplant with a super green shift. As with all the Femme Fatale shades I've used, this is super creamy feeling and blends easily. I also used this colour on a tiny pencil brush to darken under my eyes.

Femme Fatale Desecration swatches


On the inner corners, I used Masquerade and blended it toward the centre to mix with Crimson Fury. Masquerade is a very light, dusky purple in the container. Once on the skin (well, on my super pale skin at least), it's almost invisible except for the opalescence. I probably could get away with using this as a brow highlight. 

Femme Fatale Masquerade swatches

For the rest of my face, I used a bit of concealer and powder. My blush is Sleek Pink Parfait from the Pink Sprint blush palette. Lips are L'Oreal Glam Shine Balmy Gloss in Dare to Dragonfruit. My mascara is my favourite Bad Gal Lash from Benefit. 


Femme Fatale shadows

Have you been feeling the Autumn urge? Let me know in the comments how you feel about the season of Pumpkin Spice and falling leaves. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

review (15) lipstick (12) look (11) mostly positive (10) pictures (10) sugarpill (10) swatch fest (9) eyes (8) swatchfest (8) eye shadow (7) eyeshadow (7) indie cosmetics (7) occ (7) purple (7) sleek (7) swatch (7) palette (6) green (5) swatches (5) cold chemistry (4) fotd (4) liquid lipstick (4) makeup (4) win (4) 30 days of (3) addictive cosmetics (3) blue (3) blush (3) colourpop (3) derelict (3) eotd (3) femme fatale (3) lip tar (3) meh (3) mineral makeup (3) neutrals (3) tutorial (3) youtube (3) 42 (2) Bourjois (2) Urban Decay (2) Vampire (2) ancient (2) beautybarbaby (2) bright pink (2) broccoli heaven (2) brow game strong (2) loose shadows (2) mNg No.2 (2) makeup gone wrong (2) matte (2) melt (2) milani (2) my beauty addiction (2) my pretty zombie (2) mystic matte (2) neon grape (2) notoriously morbid (2) nyx (2) obsessive compulsive cosmetics (2) old bruise (2) papaya milk (2) pink (2) purple blush (2) rime (2) scurvy (2) sorceress (2) trepanation (2) violet volt (2) yaby (2) 2016 (1) Dragon Scale (1) Edward Scissorhands (1) Face fail (1) Fairy Dust (1) Glam Shine (1) High Tea (1) Intoxicated (1) Love Like Air (1) RTW (1) Soap and Glory (1) acid palette (1) aubergine (1) baby duckie (1) balm (1) batty (1) beautyuk (1) berry (1) black (1) blood (1) blow (1) bossy (1) brills (1) caution (1) challenge (1) challenge pictures (1) character series (1) clinique (1) collection gothic glam (1) comparison (1) consumptive (1) contour (1) corset (1) cream (1) creme couture (1) dawn eyes (1) dita (1) dragon fruit (1) dragonfruit (1) dreamworld hermetica (1) drugstore vs highend (1) duochrome (1) dupe (1) emerald (1) eyebrows of fury (1) face of the day (1) feminist (1) fern (1) flamepoint (1) flawless (1) fortune teller (1) frankie stein (1) glamour doll eyes (1) glitter (1) good face day (1) grind (1) halloween (1) hellboy (1) highlighted (1) holiday (1) individual eyes (1) indrid (1) jaded (1) kat von d (1) kate by rimmel (1) killing joke (1) l'oreal (1) la splash (1) leather (1) limited edition (1) loose pigment (1) loreal (1) love (1) lovecraft (1) lumikki cosmetics (1) lunatick labs (1) mba cosmetics (1) mermaid (1) metallic (1) mineral matte mousse (1) miracles (1) moisturiser (1) moisturize (1) monster high (1) mua (1) nyc (1) ombre (1) orange (1) pagan (1) past (1) pleasure model (1) poison apple (1) portland black lipstick company (1) psychedelic caterpillar (1) pumpkin (1) pumpkin carving (1) purple iris (1) purpleness (1) red (1) redness (1) reliq minerals (1) revlon (1) rimmel (1) ritual (1) rose gold (1) rune (1) seaweed (1) sebastian (1) shameless (1) shiro (1) sickly (1) sigma (1) silver (1) skin care (1) sparkle (1) spring (1) spring garden (1) stain (1) sugar babies (1) sultry (1) taupe (1) teal (1) thutmose III (1) too faced (1) tootsi (1) tootsie (1) update (1) velocity (1) video (1) wasabi (1) wet (1) white (1) wifey (1) winged liner (1) wonderchilde (1)