Tuesday 3 May 2016

Swatchfest: My Colourpop Lippie Stix Collection

When I went to the States in October, I picked up a whole load of Colourpop makeup. I reeeeeaaally wish they would start shipping to the UK, because I enjoy almost all the makeup I purchased from them. I don't have any of their liquid lipsticks at the moment, but I have just asked a friend to order me two of the Ultra Satins. For now, here's a quick swatch of all the Lippie Stix I currently own.

The top picture in each of these was taken on the same day with flash.

Tootsie
Colourpop Tootsie
I am not a wearer of neutral lipstick as a general rule, but Tootsie is probably my favourite Colourpop shade so far. I like that it's sort of a grey-beige. If I'm in a hurry and don't have time to select a shade, it goes with basically everything. I will be very sad when I run out.

Colourpop Tootsie


Wifey
Colourpop Wifey
I bought Wifey because it looked like a bright purple on the website, and perhaps it would lean more purple on someone who isn't the colour of milk. On me, it's a blinding pink. I think I've worn this twice on its own, because I am so not a pink lipstick person. However, the formula is really nice, and I like using this with really dark purples to make a nice ombre lip.

Colourpop Wifey

Leather


Colourpop Leather
I bought Leather because purple, and it is a really lovely colour. However, the formula for this specific colour is not so great. It goes on fairly patchy and seems to slide around on my lips. I can make it work with lip liner and a bit of finagling, but I feel that shouldn't need to be the case.

Brills


Colourpop Brills
Brills is a very light pinky-lavender. On me, it's mostly lavender. This is another one where the formula seems too slippery. However, since it's such a light colour, it doesn't show up patchy. It's very comfortable on the lips and is another colour that I often use for making ombre lips.

Fern


Colourpop Fern
Oh look, another purple. I can't help it. I just love purple lipstick. Fern is the only Lippie Stix that I also bought the matching lip liner for, but I never use the liner with it because it doesn't need it. I do use the liner with Leather or Brills, because it works really well with both of those. Fern is probably the colour I wear most often after Tootsie. It's just the perfect, easy purple for me. It's a little more glossy than I would prefer, but I still wear it at least once a week.

Colourpop Fern

Grind


Colourpop Grind
Grind is the perfect warm-toned purple. No issues with the formula and it isn't drying. I wear this one frequently and love it.


Flawless



Colourpop Flawless
Flawless is a very nice, deep berry shade. The formula is great and it dries almost matte after a few minutes on the lips.
Colourpop Flawless

Wet
Colourpop Wet
Wet is pewter grey with sort of an olive undertone. This one has issues with formula as it likes to slide around. It tends to go on patchy, so I generally have to put it on, blot well, and then do another layer. However, the colour is so great that I don't mind having to finesse it a bit. It is very glossy leaning toward metallic.

Bossy


Colourpop Bossy
Bossy is an absolutely lovely warm-toned red. The formula is great and the look is classic.

Colourpop Bossy

Blood

Colourpop Blood
As beautiful as Bossy is, it doesn't hold a candle to Colourpop Blood, at least for me. This is the perfect blue-based red. This is vampire lipstick and I wear it aaaalll the time. 

Feminist

Colourpop Feminist

This is a purple so deep it's almost black. The formula is fabulous, not patchy or too slippery. I can put this on and reliably get at least 4 hours of wear before I need to retouch. One of my absolute favourites. 

Colourpop Feminist

Corset


Colourpop Corset
And lastly, Corset is another colour that looked more purple on the website than it tends to on my face. This is a fairly light purple/pink that can go either way depending on the the rest of my makeup. The picture above, with really neutral eyes, looks purple, but the picture below, with warm red eye makeup, looks very light pink. Either way, this is a very nice colour, and one of the few "pinks" that I don't mind on myself. 

Colourpop Corset
So, that's the entirety of my Colourpop Lippie Stix collection. Even with the few...disappointing shades, I still really like these. And at $5 US, they are definitely worth checking out. Now if only they would ship to where I live!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

review (15) lipstick (12) look (11) mostly positive (10) pictures (10) sugarpill (10) swatch fest (9) eyes (8) swatchfest (8) eye shadow (7) eyeshadow (7) indie cosmetics (7) occ (7) purple (7) sleek (7) swatch (7) palette (6) green (5) swatches (5) cold chemistry (4) fotd (4) liquid lipstick (4) makeup (4) win (4) 30 days of (3) addictive cosmetics (3) blue (3) blush (3) colourpop (3) derelict (3) eotd (3) femme fatale (3) lip tar (3) meh (3) mineral makeup (3) neutrals (3) tutorial (3) youtube (3) 42 (2) Bourjois (2) Urban Decay (2) Vampire (2) ancient (2) beautybarbaby (2) bright pink (2) broccoli heaven (2) brow game strong (2) loose shadows (2) mNg No.2 (2) makeup gone wrong (2) matte (2) melt (2) milani (2) my beauty addiction (2) my pretty zombie (2) mystic matte (2) neon grape (2) notoriously morbid (2) nyx (2) obsessive compulsive cosmetics (2) old bruise (2) papaya milk (2) pink (2) purple blush (2) rime (2) scurvy (2) sorceress (2) trepanation (2) violet volt (2) yaby (2) 2016 (1) Dragon Scale (1) Edward Scissorhands (1) Face fail (1) Fairy Dust (1) Glam Shine (1) High Tea (1) Intoxicated (1) Love Like Air (1) RTW (1) Soap and Glory (1) acid palette (1) aubergine (1) baby duckie (1) balm (1) batty (1) beautyuk (1) berry (1) black (1) blood (1) blow (1) bossy (1) brills (1) caution (1) challenge (1) challenge pictures (1) character series (1) clinique (1) collection gothic glam (1) comparison (1) consumptive (1) contour (1) corset (1) cream (1) creme couture (1) dawn eyes (1) dita (1) dragon fruit (1) dragonfruit (1) dreamworld hermetica (1) drugstore vs highend (1) duochrome (1) dupe (1) emerald (1) eyebrows of fury (1) face of the day (1) feminist (1) fern (1) flamepoint (1) flawless (1) fortune teller (1) frankie stein (1) glamour doll eyes (1) glitter (1) good face day (1) grind (1) halloween (1) hellboy (1) highlighted (1) holiday (1) individual eyes (1) indrid (1) jaded (1) kat von d (1) kate by rimmel (1) killing joke (1) l'oreal (1) la splash (1) leather (1) limited edition (1) loose pigment (1) loreal (1) love (1) lovecraft (1) lumikki cosmetics (1) lunatick labs (1) mba cosmetics (1) mermaid (1) metallic (1) mineral matte mousse (1) miracles (1) moisturiser (1) moisturize (1) monster high (1) mua (1) nyc (1) ombre (1) orange (1) pagan (1) past (1) pleasure model (1) poison apple (1) portland black lipstick company (1) psychedelic caterpillar (1) pumpkin (1) pumpkin carving (1) purple iris (1) purpleness (1) red (1) redness (1) reliq minerals (1) revlon (1) rimmel (1) ritual (1) rose gold (1) rune (1) seaweed (1) sebastian (1) shameless (1) shiro (1) sickly (1) sigma (1) silver (1) skin care (1) sparkle (1) spring (1) spring garden (1) stain (1) sugar babies (1) sultry (1) taupe (1) teal (1) thutmose III (1) too faced (1) tootsi (1) tootsie (1) update (1) velocity (1) video (1) wasabi (1) wet (1) white (1) wifey (1) winged liner (1) wonderchilde (1)