Wednesday 23 March 2016

Swatches of Indrid and Rime: OCC Lip Tar Spring 2016

Because I am neither rich nor famous, I was only able to purchase two colours from the latest OCC collection. I would have loved to get all of them, even Wasabi. But, because I had to be choosy, I went for one that I had nothing like, Rime, and one I hoped would be suitable for everyday, Indrid.

So, Indrid first:
OCC Lip Tar Indrid

OCC Lip Tar Indrid

OCC Lip Tar Indrid

I absolutely adore this colour. Indrid is a greyed-out pink with a bit of silver in it. I could wear this every single day, and normally I hate pink lipstick. But the grey tones in this just make it so special. Plus, as it fades, it gives me a really neat ombre look, as the centre of the lips starts to be more silver than pink. Unfortunately, I don't have a picture of that at the moment. I'll add one in later if I can remember to do that.

I also purchased Rime, mainly because I don't have anything in my collection that's like it.


OCC Lip Tar Rime

OCC Lip Tar Rime

 Rime is also amazing. This would be the colour of lipstick that mermaids wore if they existed. It's a sea-foam green with a rose gold duochrome. This one also gives an ombre effect as it fades and because of the goldiness, it naturally highlights the centre of the lip and the cupid's bow.

I am so glad I picked up both of these. I do wish they were offered in the squeezy tubes, just because you get so much more product in the tubes, but I really love the new doe-foot packaging, I find that I don't even need a lip liner any more, which is excellent. Somehow, with a lip brush, I always ended up applying just a little too much and then had feathering. That doesn't happen now, so I think that's probably a far trade-off for getting less product.

And just as a bonus, here's a picture of OCC Derelict, which I know isn't part of this spring collection, but it's the only other Lip Tar I've purchased in the RTW format.

OCC Lip Tar Derelict
OCC Lip Tar Derelict
I have actually worn Derelict a tonne since I purchased it. I don't know what it is about it, but the greyed-out olive green just works for me. This also has some rose-gold duochrome in it. I just love it.

Have you gotten any of the new OCC RTW stuff?

Don't forget to follow me on Instagram! I post there almost every day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

review (15) lipstick (12) look (11) mostly positive (10) pictures (10) sugarpill (10) swatch fest (9) eyes (8) swatchfest (8) eye shadow (7) eyeshadow (7) indie cosmetics (7) occ (7) purple (7) sleek (7) swatch (7) palette (6) green (5) swatches (5) cold chemistry (4) fotd (4) liquid lipstick (4) makeup (4) win (4) 30 days of (3) addictive cosmetics (3) blue (3) blush (3) colourpop (3) derelict (3) eotd (3) femme fatale (3) lip tar (3) meh (3) mineral makeup (3) neutrals (3) tutorial (3) youtube (3) 42 (2) Bourjois (2) Urban Decay (2) Vampire (2) ancient (2) beautybarbaby (2) bright pink (2) broccoli heaven (2) brow game strong (2) loose shadows (2) mNg No.2 (2) makeup gone wrong (2) matte (2) melt (2) milani (2) my beauty addiction (2) my pretty zombie (2) mystic matte (2) neon grape (2) notoriously morbid (2) nyx (2) obsessive compulsive cosmetics (2) old bruise (2) papaya milk (2) pink (2) purple blush (2) rime (2) scurvy (2) sorceress (2) trepanation (2) violet volt (2) yaby (2) 2016 (1) Dragon Scale (1) Edward Scissorhands (1) Face fail (1) Fairy Dust (1) Glam Shine (1) High Tea (1) Intoxicated (1) Love Like Air (1) RTW (1) Soap and Glory (1) acid palette (1) aubergine (1) baby duckie (1) balm (1) batty (1) beautyuk (1) berry (1) black (1) blood (1) blow (1) bossy (1) brills (1) caution (1) challenge (1) challenge pictures (1) character series (1) clinique (1) collection gothic glam (1) comparison (1) consumptive (1) contour (1) corset (1) cream (1) creme couture (1) dawn eyes (1) dita (1) dragon fruit (1) dragonfruit (1) dreamworld hermetica (1) drugstore vs highend (1) duochrome (1) dupe (1) emerald (1) eyebrows of fury (1) face of the day (1) feminist (1) fern (1) flamepoint (1) flawless (1) fortune teller (1) frankie stein (1) glamour doll eyes (1) glitter (1) good face day (1) grind (1) halloween (1) hellboy (1) highlighted (1) holiday (1) individual eyes (1) indrid (1) jaded (1) kat von d (1) kate by rimmel (1) killing joke (1) l'oreal (1) la splash (1) leather (1) limited edition (1) loose pigment (1) loreal (1) love (1) lovecraft (1) lumikki cosmetics (1) lunatick labs (1) mba cosmetics (1) mermaid (1) metallic (1) mineral matte mousse (1) miracles (1) moisturiser (1) moisturize (1) monster high (1) mua (1) nyc (1) ombre (1) orange (1) pagan (1) past (1) pleasure model (1) poison apple (1) portland black lipstick company (1) psychedelic caterpillar (1) pumpkin (1) pumpkin carving (1) purple iris (1) purpleness (1) red (1) redness (1) reliq minerals (1) revlon (1) rimmel (1) ritual (1) rose gold (1) rune (1) seaweed (1) sebastian (1) shameless (1) shiro (1) sickly (1) sigma (1) silver (1) skin care (1) sparkle (1) spring (1) spring garden (1) stain (1) sugar babies (1) sultry (1) taupe (1) teal (1) thutmose III (1) too faced (1) tootsi (1) tootsie (1) update (1) velocity (1) video (1) wasabi (1) wet (1) white (1) wifey (1) winged liner (1) wonderchilde (1)